Throughout the Series
In A Call to Arms, a flashback showed Poseidon participating in the Gigantomachy where he witnessed the birth of the Giants from the last Titan's blood spilled on the sea and fought them alongside his fellow Gods including the final assault led by Zeus. After the Giants' defeat with their souls taken by Hermes into the Cauldron, Poseidon cast their bodies into the ocean, to be forever swallowed by the tides.
Poseidon is shown to have a large, muscular build and is one of the tallest Olympians. He has long, silky silver hair and a long, silky silver beard that appears to twist at the end. He appears to wear a turquoise sash and multiple golden accessories. Poseidon has golden yellow eyes and wears a golden crown that could possibly signify him being king of the seas.
Poseidon appeared to have strained patience for his brother Zeus and his many affairs, as he held Zeus, who was also his king, to high standards and expected him to abide by the laws and rules Zeus had established; otherwise, they were a pointless joke. When at last the issues of Zeus and Hera drove a wedge between the Gods of Olympus, Poseidon chose to side with Hera, whom he thought would be fairer and just in abiding by the laws of Olympus... until Hera offered the Giants dominion over his seas, and Poseidon refused to surrender his own kingdom and went back to Zeus, claiming Hera was mad. But Zeus saw through Poseidon, correctly guessing what she'd done and how it didn't sit well with the sea god, but he accepted him nonetheless, though Poseidon was still humbled by the gesture.
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality: Like all the Greek gods, Poseidon seems ageless if not extremely long-lived.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all the Greek gods, Poseidon possesses an immense amount of physical strength, enough so to hold Zeus' at bay.
- Levitation: As seen in battle, Poseidon can levitate himself off the ground and fly.
- Teleportation: Poseidon can teleport himself through the water. Also, he can use water to travel short distances.
- Hydrokinesis: Poseidon can manipulate water with much proficiency at will. This power extends from tidal waves to water tornadoes.
- Aquatic Respiration: Poseidon appears to have some caliber of underwater adaptation, being able to breathe underwater and swim rapidly.
- Trident: Poseidon wields a silver trident, often using it in conjunction with his hydrokinetic abilities; it is unconfirmed whether it is the source of his hydrokinetic powers.
- In popular Greek mythology, Poseidon was the second son of Cronus and Rhea (after Hades) and their penultimate child (before Zeus). Hestia, Demeter, and Hera were his sisters. Like all of his siblings aside from Zeus, Poseidon was swallowed by Cronus at birth and, thanks to Zeus, afterward disgorged unharmed.
|Blood of Zeus|
|Characters||Heron • Zeus • Hera • Seraphim • Electra • Alexia • Evios • Kofi • Ariana • Hermes • Apollo • Ares • Poseidon • Hades|
|Species||Human • Demon • God • Titan • Giant • Wraith • Centaur|
|Items||Cauldron • Hades' Bident • Adamantium Sword|
|Location(s)||Olympus • Underworld • Corinth • Polis • Melidoni • Fields of the Dead|
|Seasons||Season 1 (Episode(s): A Call to Arms • Past is Prologue • The Raid • A Monster is Born • Escape or Die • Back to Olympus • The Fields of the Dead • War for Olympus)|